Saturday, June 28, 2008

The past few days

I'm back in Scarborough. Moving back sucked. On top of some surprises along the way (ie. undiscovered mouse shit, spiders, spilled liquids I was not aware of etc.), I also realized I've acquired twice as much junk since moving in. My room can hardly accommodate the stuff already in it and now I gotta move more stuff back in. I'm glad it's mostly over with.
It was an interesting 9 months.

Went to the Patrick O' Dell (of Epicly Later'd fame) photo show last night. I didn't realize until the last minute that it was the same place I went to when Cobrasnake had his little "yard sale". Meaning I wasn't expecting it to be in a small, hot room. I expected more photos, and more shit I haven't already seen on his site. But I had fun nonetheless; the John Cardiel episode playing in the other room and free beer helped. I saw Patrick standing in the back. I wanted to go all skate nerd on him and just dork out in general, but he was always busy talking to girls. It must be nice to always be talking to girls.
Sorry to everyone that went with me; I'm sure it was boring for them.

I took my entrance test at Seneca on Thursday. In the days leading up to it, I described it to my friends as "a test to prove you're not a retard". It wasn't far from the truth. Save for an essay that I had to write on the spot, the English and Math tests were incredibly easy. Anyone that paid enough attention during their high school classes would probably pass.
And as easy as the test was, I'm sure at least half the people in the room that I took the test with won't pass, judging from how difficult it was for them to even follow simple instructions. For instance, we were each assigned a seat in the room. Desks were arranged in 3 columns; you either sat in the left column, middle column or right column. The people supervising the tests told you which column to sit in and somehow people still couldn't figure it out.
There was also a sign-in table as soon as you walked into the room. The prospective students line up to sign in; the test supervisors would look over your info and make sure you were at the right place and everything. A huge table with people sitting behind it and people lined up are hard to miss and yet, one girl managed to completely walk past it and seat herself. She nearly got kicked out when the test was over and she kept writing, despite being told 3 times to put her pencil down.
Maybe I'm just a jerk and I'm being hard on these people, but as far as I'm concerned, not being able to figure out where to sit despite being clearly told where and/or using enough common sense to line up at the sign-in table? That's what should be the entrance test. If you can't figure out that stuff that simple, then you're not ready for college.

3 comments:

audreyssyp said...

talk about the hipsters in attendance. did you see skinny girls in grandma dresses? boys drinking pabst blue ribbon?!

Grizzly Fair said...

Stop apologizing for everything small like that.
I enjoyed it a lot, idiot.

michelle said...

I think the pho gave me food poisoning, but I had lots of fun anyways!