Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dream

I like when Lenny writes about his dreams on his Xanga or tells me about them. He's got interesting ones. I had a dream for the first time in a long while. Or maybe I've had them all along and only remember this one.

In the dream, both my family and Lenny's are moderately wealthy, which explains why we both happen to have residences on some small island. My family and I go for dinner to some restaurant and Lenny and his family happen to be there. The place happens to resemble the outside rear entrance of Market Village, by the way. Lenny's not with his family and I ask where he is. His mom points outside to the patio, where he's sitting by himself. She tells me that he's depressed. I go outside and join him. He really is depressed, but to such a ridiculous degree that he seems catatonic or mentally ill. Because it's my dream, I pick up that it's over a girl without anyone having to tell me so. I do an awful job trying to console him, which is about the only part of the dream that resembles real life. And out of nowhere, he begins singing 'This Night Has Opened My Eyes' as if he's in a weird trance.

And that's most of what I remember from my dream. God forbid any girl ever breaks any of our hearts to the point where we're catatonic and singing Smiths songs.

No comments: