Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oct 2007 - July 2008

I move back home next Saturday. It's been an interesting few months here, to say the least.

Things I will miss:
-the convenience of having the following within a few minutes of walking: smokes, Monsters, alcohol, wings, ice cream, the bank, milk and the TTC station. Running out of shit never was a problem here
-complete privacy
-the sauna
-eating whatever I damn well pleased
-being able to hang out with Sergio without either one of us having to make the effort to meet up
-taking only 20 minutes to get downtown or only having to pay $20 for a cab ride back home by myself as opposed to $40+
-getting along with my parents; we get along only because I only have to see them two days a week

Things I will not miss:
-mice in the winter
-the huge fucking spiders and centipedes and the fear of ingesting them in my sleep, because it's very plausible
-having to push through high school kids to get to the TTC station during the day
-Sergio throwing his butts all over the backyard and making me look like the bad guy to Kathy and her mom (I refuse to pick them up on the principle that it's his trash, not mine)
-paying rent
-being isolated from Scarborough peeps
-stealing wireless internet from whoever or having to walk to Coffee Time to guarantee my internet doesn't crap out on me at an inopportune moment
-sketchbags on the Danforth

Anyway, I'll probably have friends over next Friday to enjoy one last day of having a place to myself. Try to make it.

1 comment:

Grizzly Fair said...

Yeah it must have been nice being halfway between scarbs and downtown.

I will try to make it...
but I might be a bear.