Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shoplifters of the world, hand it over.

A brand new pair of Gucci sunglasses ($300-$500) went missing from the store yesterday. What sets this apart from normal shoplifting is that all the glasses in the store are locked down. They're either in glass drawers or on locked racks. So whoever stole it decided to take it from the damn window display instead. There are a few objects in the way, but it's not locked down. Still, it's actually kind of difficult to steal it because it's still in plain view of whoever is in the store. So whichever employee at the store happened to be there while it got stolen must have really not been paying any attention.

Which is where I come into the story. Maybe.

No one is actually sure when exactly it was stolen. We noticed it was missing yesterday, but it may have been missing as far back as a week or so ago (if not longer). And it may or may not have been me who was watching the store when it happened. But the odds aren't that great for me; I'm usually the only one in the store 5 out of the 7 days that it's open, and during those days, I'm there 6 out of the 11 hours that the store is open. So chances are, it happened when I was the only employee there. And not a lot of people come in either; one or two people come in once every 3 hours, so it's not like I have the excuse of "The store was so busy, I couldn't keep an eye on everyone". So like I said, I must have been really off in my own little world to have missed the shoplifting go down. Which sounds pretty Darren-ish.

If she hasn't already done so, my boss will be reviewing the security tapes today to determine under whose watch it happened on. I might not have a job by tomorrow. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thief knew to strike when 'Crimson and Clover' was playing over the loudspeaker. You were in a trance.

Leonard Chan said...

38.96% chance that it happened when you were working