Friday, November 28, 2008

Scarborough Crunk Party

Dinner and Broken Social Scene last night were great. They played all my favorite songs (except for 'Almost Crimes', surprisingly), they had some nice surprises along the way (Brendan Canning in a sparkly gold outfit with dancers, doing some song I'm not familiar with), they experimented a bit (Charles Spearin's thing, where he got the saxophonist to mimic a person talking), a balloon drop ending, and they brought out Isaac Brock to play two Modest Mouse songs with them ('The Good Times Are Killing Me' and 'Paper Thin Walls'). I probably would have enjoyed it a bit more if I had cash in the beginning to check my coat and big ass backpack, which I carried with me throughout the entire show.
But still, no complaints about the show from me.
Stephanie asked us what our favorite song they played last night was. I never got to give my answer: Brendan Canning's "Hit The Wall". So yeah, there you go, because I know how badly everyone wanted to know, right?

It makes no difference, since Matt already posted the details and we both know the same people Blogger-wise, but here are the details for tonight, as written by Matt:
Friday November 28th @ 262 Progress Avenue

8pm, no cover, cheap-ass dranks.


LIVE ACTS!

Pink Dead Whale (I hear they are sick)

and special guest:


DJ DARBS!!


See you there.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Good choice. Hit the Wall is my new favourite song.