Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ottawa

My cousin Rachel has been hellbent on getting me a job these past few months for some reason. A job in Ottawa, where she lives. I continually get emails of job postings from her on a near-daily basis. It's really nice of her and all, since she doesn't benefit at all from helping me and God knows I probably couldn't be bothered to do the same for her, but it's actually starting to get on my nerves.

See, Ottawa was only an option when I still had no idea what I wanted to do and when I had no prospects. I'm actually pretty set on getting into school for opticianry, and for once, I'm actually confident about getting in. Rachel knows this, but has still persisted on getting me a job in Ottawa. My parents aren't much help either; they still want me to get a job. They prefer I didn't put all my hopes in just schooling, in case it doesn't work out.

Both my parents and Rachel finally got their wish today. I got a call back regarding an accounting position. With my mom staring me in the eye while I was on the phone, I had no choice but to agree to an interview. 10 in the morning, in Ottawa, for a job position I didn't want to begin with. I also have to pay a $120 same day, round trip bus fare for, again, a job I don't want.

Sergio dropped by unexpectedly and we talked about it. We both had the same idea of what I'm probably going to do; I'm going to have to sabotage myself. Like Spud in 'Trainspotting'. "You have to be super nervous and stuttering. You gotta make yourself sound like 'Uh, uh, uh, uh'. Like how you normally are, only worse". I was just thinking of telling them that I'm going back to school in September and that the address on my resume is fake (I gave them my cousin's address in Ottawa; they don't know I live in Toronto, even though they were the ones who called me in Toronto). That should eliminate my chances before the interview even gets started.

I've been listening to this non-stop since I heard it a few days ago.

5 comments:

Leonard Chan said...

hahah you aren't really gonna fuck it up on purpose are you? make the most of the opportunity guy!

michelle said...

wut you crazy, guy. and what a waste it'd be of $120 then. at least try! you don't have to take the job anyways. :(

i love the song though.

audreyssyp said...

at least go streaking on parliament hill

Grizzly Fair said...

what a waste of moola...i hope your parents are paying
be a man and say nothanks
or pretend to go and spend the day doing somethingthing else/fun.

I got a new camera today
I dont know why I did it. It was a good price. It has a flash that I do not know how to use.
The end.

Owen said...

Your banner is such a good fucking time. It makes me happy just to look at it!

Your attempt to grow manliness in a moustache is counteracted by your inability to say no in front of your mom!


"Like how you normally are, only worse" lol

Anyway tell them you are specifically interested in pleasure. Like, your pleasure - in other people's LEISURE.