Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Inspiration

A few weeks ago, Eugenie told Mark and I about a documentary she had seen about photographer Bill Cunningham and how great it was. Eugenie has great taste in music and films, so I definitely didn't doubt her. She sent us a video of the trailer shortly after and I was sold.
I finally got to see it yesterday with Mark and some of his friends and I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed. It was inspiring to see an 80 year old man so devoted to something, and as devoted to it as he was 4 decades ago. Living a frugal lifestyle, because (I assume) his job is all that matters to him. I can only hope I'll be as likable, sharp, lively, well-respected and talented when I become his age. But most likely not. If you're into photography and/or fashion, I highly recommend this movie.

1 comment:

Jeff Fynn said...

Eugenie didn't like it for any of your above reasons. Her appreciation for the flick was based purely on his age. I do agree though, I can't remember the last time I saw someone as warm hearted as Bill Cunningham.