Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The most ridiculous conversation ever

So I was eating dinner with my parents. I was facing the patio door. My mom was talking about...I don't remember. She could tell I wasn't listening because I was busy staring at something outside.
"[Blah blah blah blah or that noise the adults make in Charlie Brown cartoons]...what are you looking at?"
"A cat"
My mom looked, but the cat had already gone.
"Are you sure it wasn't a raccoon?"
"No. It was orange"
"...You saw an orange outside?"
"*sigh* No, I saw a cat. A cat that was orange"
I was met with a blank stare.
"You know...an ORANGE CAT?"
"An...orange...cat?"
"YES!"
"Are you playing with me?"
"What?"
"There's no such thing as an orange cat"
"Are you kidding me?!?!? Of course there's such thing as an orange cat!"
"I've never seen one ever before and I'm over 50"
"They totally exist...Garfield is orange!"
"He's a cartoon"
"Okay, bad example. But they exist! I can understand if you've never seen one when you were young and in China, but you've been in Canada for over 30 years! How have you never seen an orange cat?"
She shrugged. Then my dad chirped in.
"Maybe one day you'll show us a green dog too"

4 comments:

Owen said...

The miracle of Google Image can convince them.

michelle said...

moar like the most ridiculously awesome conversation ever

animast11 said...

Haha! I was going to say what Owen said.

Anonymous said...

haha I definitely Lol'd. Immigrant parents are the best aren't they?