Sunday, December 6, 2009

gloating and dinner

Apparently, my prof enjoyed my paper on The Smiths. Enough to single me out in class. I have to admit it's pretty awesome to have a teacher tell everyone how good your shit is, since he didn't do it for anyone else. I never had that in elementary school or high school. Frankly, I would have been happy enough if he just told me privately, but it felt great to rub it in the faces of all the kiss-asses in the class. They'd probably be less subtle about sucking the prof's dick (proverbially) if they just sucked his dick (literally).
The point of this is that I'm awesome. Oh, and I ended up giving my paper the title 'These Charming Men: The Smiths and their Ordinary Revolution'. Pretentious, huh?

Staff dinner last night. Still not sure what to think of it. It was nice to see everyone out of work mode, but there was still this lingering feeling of restraint. We couldn't be ourselves because the bosses were still there. Aside from a corny joke that I told to the entire table, I barely said anything. I can't make small talk to anyone, and the only thing I have in common with my coworkers is mostly work. And I can't talk about work in front of my bosses, because it'd mostly be me bitching about work. So yeah, it left me with very little to say.
On the bright side, I got a nice bottle of cologne and a nice surprise in my card, which I've yet to thank my bosses for. I hope I don't forget to thank them today.

Aside from that and the fact that I'm still busy as hell, not much else is going on. As if you asked.

1 comment:

michelle said...

i'm glad your essay turned out to be more awesome than you expected. way to go, dude

prepet

i'd get a pre-pet