Tuesday, April 28, 2009

TLR

I showed up to work 2 hours late today. It had been decided last week that I would work full time starting today, but because neither of my bosses had told me which hours, I assumed they had forgotten or that my new hours wouldn't start until further notice.
Or so I thought, until I got a call at 10:30 this morning. I had to make myself sound like I was still in bed.
Work hasn't been going so well. On the days where I act as an actual optician, I'm always getting my proverbial balls busted. I haven't sold anything yet, and what little I've done as an optician is almost always wrong. I get the feeling the supervising optician/my boss is running out of patience with me. I've never had to worry before about getting fired for incompetence, but it's starting to seem more and more like a possibility. Showing up for work late today didn't make it any better.

The only thing that made it better was finding out this existed:

It's a twin lens reflex camera that uses 35mm film instead of medium format film. I guess it's kind of a novelty, since it basically functions the same as a normal 35mm SLR, but I've always wanted a twin lens reflex camera.

1 comment:

michelle said...

keep yo head up!

that camera looks so cool, kinda old-timey