Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Taco Hell

For the past 3 weeks, every Tuesday, between the time I get out of class and go to work, I go to Matt's to eat lunch/kill time/work on his music stuff. And every time, I get Taco Bell on the way to his place. I never had a problem eating it when I was younger, but only now do I realize just how fucking gross the stuff is. Not even in a "It's really unhealthy for you" kind of way, because I have no problem eating unhealthy things. It's just gross gross. I can never finish whatever I buy, because by the time I get halfway through the fries, I think "I can't believe I ate that much of this shit" and throw it away. I only bought it because I thought it would be cheaper, but the majority of their combos are about the same price as McDonalds.
I'd change my eating habits for next Tuesday, but I'm done school by then.

Work has been tiring. I more or less have to pretend to be a whole other person on the days I'm selling glasses. A person who stands and walks with a straight back. A person who knows what he's talking about. A person who is friendly and can make light banter comfortably. A person who dresses like an asshole and enjoys looking like one. A confident person. A person who could probably get laid more than me.
I guess I haven't been doing a good job pretending to be this other person, because I haven't sold anything yet.
Sadly, I'm more comfortable on the days I'm doing bookkeeping for the company; the exact occupation I was trying to escape when I took up opticianry. On the bright side, my coworker is incredibly cute. I am smitten.
Sorry to the friends I haven't seen too much of lately, but it's eaten up most of my time.

In other news, I've been motivated to start taking photos again. Let's see how well that pans out.

2 comments:

michelle said...

i bet you get really great poos

maybe i can pretend to be a stranger and get glasses and be like "whoa whoa darren's boss! this darren guy is so amazing!" yknow what im sayin?

Grizzly Fair said...

This isnt facebook darren! haha but thanks for the thumb.

Fast food is never the answer.

Yeah but maybe your pretend Darren will leak into the real Darren, who will become more confident and straigh-backed. eh eh? nawmean?