Thursday, April 23, 2009

These Days Are Old

Today, on the way to work, I came out of the alleyway to see my bus pull up to the stop. It was good timing because I managed to cross the street in time, all the while having a smoke. I didn't finish it, but I threw it out anyway, right in front of the bus. When I got on, the bus driver was saying something to me. I had my iPod on. I thought he was yelling at me for littering or throwing out my butt near the bus. I took off my earphones.
"Sorry, what?"
"Why are you smoking? You're so young! You're killing your lungs! You're killing yourself!"
I didn't really know what to say. So I just said "Uhh...I'll quit soon?". He seemed to be satisfied with that answer. He gave me an "Alright" in a tone that said "Fair enough" and I sat down. I don't know, I've never been confronted by a stranger over my smoking.

School is over as of tomorrow. I never thought I'd say it, but I'll miss it. I liked having a routine. One that afforded me a lot of freedom and still made it look like I was being productive. It helped that I was actually doing well in school too. I've managed to make a name for myself in the program as the resident nerdlinger. Go me.

On a final note, does anyone else remember Spooky Ruben? That guy was awesome.

2 comments:

michelle said...

i think i only knew that wendy mcdonald song, i seen it on much music

Grizzly Fair said...

You SHOULD quit soon, bizzatch.
or just quit..a litte bit
Halfquit.