Friday, September 16, 2011

Self-Imposed Exile

I've recently decided to try to isolate myself and buckle down in order to prepare for my opticianry license exam. It's lame and I'm definitely going to catch some shit from certain people for behavior that probably seems a bit excessive. And trust me, it's not like I enjoy it either; I fucking hate studying. But consider this:

1) The license exam cost $1300. That's $1300 that I don't even have. I had to borrow it from my mom and coupled with the money I owe my dad, it'll take months to pay it off. I can't afford to fail and redo it. And when I say I can't afford it, I mean in more terms than just money: time, energy, sanity, etc.

2) I'm pretty rusty with my opticianry stuff. More than rusty, really; my opticianry knowledge is eroding. Unlike when I was still in school, I need to do more than just skim through my notes at the last minute. True, I've been working all this time, but the majority of the stuff I've been taught isn't even really used on a day-to-day basis at work. I have more use for hairstyling tips at my job than I do opticianry (you gotta see my bedhead on a bad day. It's horrible).

That's it, really. Just those two reasons. It doesn't mean you won't see me from time to time; there are way too many birthdays in October for me to miss. Besides, I can only be isolated for so long before I start to go crazy (or go even more crazy). You guys will see more of me after October 23. Until then, try not to miss me too much (LOL).

No comments: