Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Experiences at Work!

I got hit on the other day. By a dude (not that there's anything wrong with that). An old dude (still nothing wrong with that). Normally, I'd be flattered if anyone hits on me, regardless of sex. Problem is all the staff already know who he is and he's garnered quite a reputation for being a creepy old pervert (he's already hit on two other guys, but more on that later).
He purchased a pair of glasses and while I was sitting down with him to go over his lens options and the price breakdown, he asked me if I was single. Then he began talking to me about the "Gotcha!" prank, which apparently nothing more than walking up to a guy, grabbing his nuts and saying "Gotcha!". Yeah, I have no idea how that's funny either. To make sure I got the picture, he began grabbing his own nuts. Repeatedly. You know, in case I happened to miss it the first 5 times he did it. Then he moved in real close and put his hand on mine and asked if I'd be grossed out or if I'd find it funny if it was done to me. I told him I'd find it funny*, just so I wouldn't alienate him. It's too bad he kept his hand on top of mine for an uncomfortably long time. Right as I was about to pull away, he finally took his hand back. If you've ever wondered "What could I do to creep Darren out so bad that he'll cry in the shower in the fetal position with his clothes on?", there's your answer.
I later related the story to Chris, my coworker. Turns out I got lucky; while I only got a visual demonstration, he and another guy that used to work with us both had a hands on demonstration with the whole nut-grabbing thing. I think from now on, I'll just let the ladies of the store handle him.

2 comments:

michelle said...

i'm glad there wasn't a hands on demo but OMG THAT'S HELLA CREEPY, DUDE. sounds like this guy buys a lot of glasses but that doesn't mean his behaviour should be tolerated

Owen said...

"Then he moved in real close and put his hand on mine..."
I thought the "mine" here was referring to your BALLS. This freaked me out.

It's still fucked though.