Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thinner

About two weeks ago at work, a couple came in looking for glasses. They were regular customers, although it was the first time I had met them. Although someone else was helping them, the husband walked up to me and said with a slight Yiddish accent "Do you know what my grandmother would say if she saw you?"
My first thought was "I hate chinks", although I just cluelessly shrugged. He smiled and said "'Ya gotta eat!' My boy, if I turned you sideways, you'd disappear!". I've had my weight commented on before, but never by a stranger. Still, I couldn't help but laugh because he was such a nice guy and I knew he didn't mean anything by it.

During my lunch break today, I went to the cafe I always go to. I ordered my lunch, when suddenly, the guy in front of me turned around. It was same gentleman, with his wife. "YOU'RE EATING!" he exclaimed with a smile. Again, I couldn't help but laugh.

1 comment:

Owen said...

lolllll
I LIKE HIM, I HOPE YOU ENCOUNTER HIM MORE IN THE FUTURE