Wednesday, August 17, 2011

5 days later

First, I wanna thank everyone that wished me a happy birthday last week. Honestly, I figured I would be able to count the number of people that remembered on one hand, with a few fingers left to spare. But even people that I rarely see/speak to (some who I didn't even think knew my birthday) were texting me. So I'm really moved that I got as many birthday wishes as I did.

I moved in on Friday, as planned. Aside from a few hiccups, it went really smoothly and now I'm all settled in.

Post-move in notes:
-it's really noisy on Friday and Saturday nights. No shit, right? But even from 11 floors up, it's a lot louder than I expected. Like, if I opened the balcony door on either of those nights and started talking to you, you wouldn't be able to hear me above the noise from outside.

-from all the people that I've bumped into in the building thus far, I feel like I really don't belong. They look like they belong downtown. I dress and act like someone transplanted a teenagers brain into a 28 year old's body.

-I am not used to using those coffee makers with the heating pad to keep the pot warm. I used mine for the first time on Saturday...only to get to work and panic, thinking I had left it on. I ended up pleading my boss for a one hour break and spending $100 on a round trip cab ride back to my place just to check if I really had left it on. I didn't. Better safe than sorry, right? I'd be more embarrassed if I had set the place on fire after only having moved in the previous day.

-I have like a billion channels! And I still barely watch television!

Lastly, I've resolved to learn how to cook. So this goes to all my friends: send me a recipe for something you've made before that you really like. Seriously. I'm kind of excited to try my hand at cooking. Real cooking, I mean. Hamburger Helper will always have a place in my heart, but on top of learning to cook, I've also resolved to not eat like a slob (unless I'm really tired or pressed for time).
Anyway. RECIPES! SEND! NOW!

2 comments:

audreyssyp said...

Though I have not tried any of the recipes on this site, I have been told it's good and I like the pictures and the familiarity of Chinese food:
http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2009/09/baked-chicken-wings-with-honey-lemon.html

Owen said...

HUNDRED DOLLAR CAB RIDE!
Neurotic Asians HIGH FIVE