Sunday, February 14, 2010

Paul Young Fuck Yeah

I nearly started singing in the middle of the mall today. And not just softly singing either. I mean karaoke-style belting out. I don't sing aloud often, but when I do, it's usually for a song I love.
Today, they were playing Paul Young's 'Every Time You Go Away'.



I kind of wish I had sung now. How can you not feel this song?*

*I'm not being ironic. I genuinely love this song. Along with Sade's 'Smooth Operator', Wham's 'Careless Whisper', Dan Fogelberg's 'Longer', Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' and Simon and Garfunkel's greatest hits, I was pretty much raised on this song. Oh and a shitload of Bee Gees too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my earliest memories is of this song!

audreyssyp said...

My go-to power ballad is Michael Bolton's How Can We Be Lovers If We Can't Be Friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ele7YCI2-2Y

I sing it to psych myself up for the challenges of the day, and when my friend Dan sings it at karaoke my loins tingle.