Sunday, June 14, 2009

New experiences

I finally got my little novelty camera this week. I don't think I really know how to use it properly, because I've nearly broken it a couple of times and today, I managed to rip off a piece of the film just from rewinding the film. I guess I'll find out tomorrow just how badly I screwed up when I get my film developed.

Tonight was the first practice with the new PDW lineup. It didn't really hit me until today, but I think I have a problem with keeping rhythm, even when there's a drummer keeping the beat for me. Which makes me wonder just how bad my playing when I still played; I may have actually been a lot worse than I remember. It would explain why my piano teacher screamed at me every lesson, every Saturday.
Most of today's setbacks seem to have stemmed from me and my playing. At one point, I had to have a 15 minute break just so I could sort myself out. Sorry guys. I swear I'll get better.

I went paintballing on Thursday. I guess the only thing people really want to know about paintballing is if it hurts when you get shot. It hurts, but it's nothing you won't get over within a few seconds. Unless you're shot up close. Then it's a bitch. Just ask Sergio or Mark. I think the fact that I'm out of shape killed me more, though. Even running a few feet, from one hiding spot to another, is enough to leave me gasping for air. Thanks, smoking.

I'm sure most people find College Humor really lame, but I actually like their sketches, as amateurish as they are. This is my favorite:

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Darren Rutherford Wong, you did good tonight.
I'm listening to the recordings right now, your timing was not bad at all.


Stop knocking yourself you homo.

audreyssyp said...

oh man, that show is the best thing much music has played in years. i am gonna watch THE SHIT outta those skits this summer when im bored outta my skull

audreyssyp said...

i assume the skits online are the same as the show...i hope